Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mermaid in a Jar

Hello Everyone!

Hope all is well. Just got my internet back about an hour or so ago LOL.

I created this card with an image ( Mermaid in a Jar ) from A DAY FOR DAISIES http://adayfordaisies.com/ which is a new sponsor for us at Jackson's Digital Expressions. 


My take on "Mermaid in a Jar"
I found the quote online: "Empty your jar of WISHES and FlLL your jar of HOPES." 
I use a tiny tag die from Emma's My Creative Time
I followed this week's Color Inspiration over at JDE
poped up in the middle and glued the sides down so it looks rounded instead of flat.
I used a card sketch from Card Positioning Systems http://cardpositioningsystems.blogspot.com/2012/07/cps-273-part-1.html

 I used pearlscent acrylic paint. The entire image is actually very shimmery like
using glimmer mist but I couldn't capture that on camera. 
I printed out my digi image on watercolor 120 lb paper and heat set the image. I only heat set
for a few second and didn't find ink smearing. The only issue was with the little fish but that's because I added a lot of water to paint the "water" lol but the 
thick paint covered the fishies pretty well; the thicker paint actually gave them a 3D effect. 
 I outlined the entire image with my Sakura pens when it was dry since the pearl paints sort of
covered the "black ink"
These are the materials I used. 

Hope you enjoyed your visit. Make sure to check out JDE weekly for chances some fabulous winning digis.

Crafty Hugs,

Katya Bess

2 comments:

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya