Friday, September 7, 2012

Monster Mash Party Hop

Hello Crafty friends,

***I'm late :( yes, I know I suck... which is why I chose a vampire (j/k) lol that was a coincidence*** AND please be nice this is my first "Halloween card."

If you're coming from: Irene Sherman  http://irenescardcreations.blogspot.com/ then you're in the right place otherwise start at http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.com/2012/09/monster-mash-party-hop.html

I used Simply Betty (digi) Stamp Verity Vamp and Boris the Bat I chose to color her in in warm grey tones following one of Ms. Betty's YouTube tutorials... this is also my first time using this technique. I only have a very small supply of Copic markers so I substituted the colors with my Spectrum Noir markers. I make my own paper roses and for some reason they always seem to come out different.... For these rose petals I used my Cricut but the leaves I used a Spellbinders die.

The card- Ta-dah! (I got that from Betty's video lol)

Close-up* small elements colored in with Sakura "Red Star" for that shimmery look.

My own paper roses.

Enlarged and cut out an element from Verity Vamp's top hat 
to tie-off the rose bouquet. 


Happy hopping and thanks for visiting ;)

Crafty Hugs,

Katya Bess

I'm entering this card at:
Freaky and Frightful (Halloween Free 4 All)




24 comments:

  1. Oh she's amazing! Worth the wait ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love this.Certainly worth the wait x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what an AWESOME card! YOU MADE those roses? WOW, I LOVE THEM!!!! Great job!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's absolutely gorgeous Katya! WONDERFUL BLACK & WHITE COLORING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job hon! Love your roses and the B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love her! Love the black and white with just the little bit of red. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and love the use of warm greys :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful.... those roses are stunning..... but i have to say I love the Boris's pink nose!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the monotone look with the red. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it!! That is one of my favorite color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Gorgeous! Love your little hints of color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love the coloring, and your roses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. well I will drink to that then..lol..I love your card and that flower and skull if freaking awesome

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this!!! Love the black and white and then the splash of red.. Just fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I would say you knocked it out of the park with your first Halloween card! The red with the black and white is perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the balcka nd white with the spas of red! Looks FAB! Those flowers are lovely too!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Your colouring is fab and the card is beautifully put together x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute Katya!! Love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya