Thursday, August 8, 2019

Summer/Beach Swap Card


Hello Everyone,

This card is for a swap buddy in Florida, so I wanted to create a beach scene using the image that was sent to us by Ann Kelly from Stamp AnnietThing.  I've done several cards with beach scenes before but the waves here were totally inspired by Amy Young's latest beach cards. My daughter has a similar hat but I actually took the color inspiration from multicolored hat I saw online. 

I used Copic markers to color entire image but I did add a little color pencil on the eyes to make her blue eyes stand out. I added uni-ball Signo Angelic to the eyes and to the foam details at the edge of the shore. At the end I drew in some flying birds (but don't look too closely... heehee) I chose this hair and skin color because I wanted the little chibi to sort of look like her. :D  


Thank you very much Ann for the free digi stamp and 
for having this little swap. 


Thanks you for stopping by,

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya