Sunday, September 29, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Spread a Little Holiday Cheer

Hello Everyone!


I hope you all are having a great day. For this card I mixed some digi, clear and rubber stamps. First I printed Emaline's gift (Sweet November vault digi stamp) on Kraft Cardstock because I find it easy to color with my Polychromos pencils.  I also printed another one of her the same size on basic printer paper so I can create a mask.

After fussy cutting that mask I used some daubers to color in the background with Distress Oxides and the snow at the ground was with ColorBox Frost White. You can probably hit that with the heat gun but because of my erratic schedules I just set it aside and worked on it the very next day. All of the inks were completely dry, and I felt it needed a little more of something.

I realized that I had purchased this Snowy Afternoon Flakes stamp by Studio Light from the 7 Kids Crafts. I was afraid that I wouldn't get a good impression but the impression was pretty good. I stamped it with  StazOn Pigment Snowflake. I did mess up on my card though. LOL I'll show you my practice paper so you can see how good it stamped on the very first try and then I'll explain what I did wrong on my final card. Hopefully you won't make the same mistake as me or if you do how you can disguise the little accident. (My kids say "Happy little Oops" that they learned from their art teacher or maybe it's a "Happy Little Accident" as Bob Ross would say. haha 




Yes, I keep pieces of scratch cardstock and reuse them because I don't like to waste my  paper...
Can you see? That was just one stamp and I didn't have to condition the stamp at all. The paper was nice and flat but on my card I had a slight shift on the snowflakes because my paper was slightly curved and I should have used a washi tape to hold it down. The stamp is large and covers about
5.5 x5.5 so I couldn't use a magnet on the top of the card. So my suggestion is to use washi tape
but as I mentioned before I failed to do that part. 


Here you can see that I was trying to hold it down as I was trying to put the stamp press on it
and it's where I should have used the washi tape instead. 
I didn't mention that I did cut a piece of paper
to a rounded shape so I can cover the face. I know snow goes everywhere but because I put so much emphasis on her little facial features I didn't want to cover them up with snowflakes. 

To try to fix my error I tried to use a Sakura Gellyroll Clear star to hide some of the flaws in the snowflakes that I messed up on. It's not too noticeable now. The sentiment stamp is from The Greeting Farm, and the cursive writing I wrote myself because I felt there was too much negative space. 


Anyway, that was too much rambling on my behalf. I hope you learned something and I hope you like the card even though there are human errors on it. LOL  

Thank you so much for stopping by, in a couple of days Sweet November Stamps will have a brand new release. All I can say is that is Halloween-ish. heehee

Don't forget to check out the rest of the 
Design Team's cards and live videos


Thank you,

Katya Bess 



1 comment:

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya