Saturday, February 27, 2016

Shades of Red


It's time for another Theme Week!
This time its all about using 3 shades of a color!
*Yes you MAY use more than three shades, but there is a min of three for this theme week!*

We would love for you to participate with us in our THEME WEEK, and its quite easy to do so!
Simply create a project using ANY Stamp Anniething product (as your main focal point) in the set "theme" for that month.
Post your project to the corresponding album over at our Face Book Group page (Stamp Anniething Stampers)!
You may enter as many projects as you wish, but you will only be counted as ONE entry person.
A minimum of 5 people (not including DT Members) is needed in order for a prize to be given.

So here we go for February's Theme Week!

Make ANY project using the 3 shades of ONE Color!

All projects must be uploaded by midnight PST March 4th to qualify
Again, a min of FIVE entries for a prize win!


Hello Everyone!
In honor of Black History Month and National Heart Month
I chose to make Savannah - Howdy Partner an African American Cowgirl
and my theme color to be red. I chose the dies and papers patterns to
show she can be a cowgirl and feminine too.

Here is what I created for today!
Savannah - Howdy Partner 
I used the Desert Sand ink for a "no-lines coloring" on her hair, skin and lasso with Copic markers:
W5, W7, W9, E13, E15, E17, E33, E35 E18, R21 and R22...
for the clothing I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink
 I shaded the red hat and boots with R46 and R35
since the paper is already red
then I fussy cut and paper pieced the clothing.
the edge dies are from Spellbinders
called Borderabilities Card Creator Dies Curved Borders 2
The flower I created with the Spellbinders Mega Dies: Carnation Creations,
Spellbinders Lacy Oval and Spellbinders Classic Oval dies.


Here is a Work-In-Process photo before I colored the hair
When you fussy cut and paper piece
patterned paper it makes you feel like 
playing paper dolls like when you were a kid 
or play pretend you're a seamstress... 
LOL or is that just me? Teehee yea it's probably just me.

Here she is all dressed up for the Rodeo 
I really love the little details on this stamp such as the
tiny stitching on her hat, skirt and boots- some real fine tailorin'. ;)

If you don't like to fussy cut like me then you can
chose to have the free SVG outline for Savannah HERE...

Thank you so much for looking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya