Thursday, August 16, 2018

LMMS: The Bookworm

Hello and Happy Thursday!


For many, school has begun. My kids started the new school year on August 6th. Felt like a really short summer break, especially when I went to school- it didn't start until after Labor Day in September. heehee 
I had started to customize the hair on this cutie from 
http://www.littlemissmuffetstamps.com/ her name is Polka Dot Pals Lirienne - it's a rubber stamp and she's currently on sale! I also used clear stamp Polka Dot Pals Add-on Faces and this set is on sale as well. 


After I inked un my stamp, I carefully tried to remove some of the ink from the hair area.
I wanted the hair area to be light almost like "no-lines coloring," so I can customize and make it 
into curly hair and I tried to not mess with the hair barrettes. 


When I used the clear stamp Polka Dot Pals Add-on Faces I didn't line  up the eye holes like
normally because I wanted her to look like she was actually reading. I wanted her to look like she's looking down at the pages of her book. To do this you just line up the Polka Dot Pals Add-on Faces of your choice slightly above the area you normally would. I then darkened the eyelashes and pupuls with a Black Copic Multiliner pen. (With permission) I customized and worked on squiggly and curly lines following Barbara Sproatmeyer's artist lines. So I tried not to change the hairstyle nor the flow of the hair- I did add some bits of fly-away hairs.

Here is the image before deciding on the color of the book.

Here it is all finished ready to give to my daughter.

Don't forget to join the Facebook page
and check out the other creative teammates and customers on the challenge blog at

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

Don't forget about the current sale.

I hope you enjoyed the card. 


Until next time,


Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya