Monday, August 20, 2018

Once upon a time - Girl Power

Hey there Crafty Friends,

A few days ago my oldest daughter  Jade turned 11 years, she received some money for her birthday and of course one of the first things she wanted to buy was books. She purchased a hardcover book called "Mother Knows Best: A Tale of the Old Witch," from this little shop not too far from our home. The name of the shop is called The Bookworm and every time we passed by it she wanted to go but usually I had groceries or other errands so I finally took her and she was so happy to just be there. I made her a bookmark since she loves reading and we have to make her stop reading to go eat or to work on her homework or do chores... (lol is that making me sound like Mother Gothel?)
I really love the images on this set because they show skinny girls like my daughter Jade but I really love the sentiments too. You can find Girl Power clear stamp set from Kraftin' Kimmie here: Girl Power!

Colored the entire image with Copic markers
added flat star sequins my Mom gave me with a tiny bit of glue
before I ran it through my Scotch laminator.  I punched a hole
on the top in case she wanted to add ribbon or some other charm.

Here is a close-up of the bookmark.


Here are 3/4 of my kids on the side of The Bookworm store window.
I thought this window art was really cool so I had to take a photo.

I hope you liked my bookmark,
my daughter really likes it and I'm happy about that.

Thank you so much for visiting.

Katya Bess 

1 comment:

  1. Katya, your kids are beautiful and the bookmark is perfect! So nice that Jade loves to read.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya