Tuesday, July 23, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Bee Awesome!

Hello there Crafty Friends,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Today I had so much fun creating a card with Sweet November - Poly Tadpole and the super versatile Pink Ink Designs - Bee-utiful clear stamp set. As soon as as I saw Poly Tadpole I had a few ideas in mind, one of those ideas was to give her wings. 

Oh yea, remember that it's Vault Week over at 7 Kids Crafts with 3 images by Sweet November digital stamps. Hit the "newest items" button and you'll get right to them and don't forget these vault images are out for just one week... so by this Saturday they go back in the vault.

Sweet November - Lily Tadpole
Sweet November - Tadpole
Sweet November - Phoebe Tadpole

Here's a little excerpt of Pixie Poly Tadpole's story:

"It's summer in Sweet November Land and while the mermaids are migrating off the coast we are going to hit the beach and meet some very special pixies who are always up for fun and exciting times when the weather starts to warm up. So grab a towel and slip on your flip flops 'cause we're heading down to the sandy shore where the Tadpole swim team are chillin'.
 
Pixie Polly is the fastest swimmer on the team and wins all the races that she enters... well, unless she challenges a mermaid, but even then it is close. And if she's not splashing in the waves Polly can be found catching a few rays on the beach sipping her favorite strawberry lemonade. She's simply a spunky little gal who is always looking for the next good time."

Okay here's my card:


Here is part of my process in photos:




I hope you can see the sparkle better. 


Copic colors used:
E0000, E00, E21, E13, R21, R30
E79, E29, Y21, Y32, E57, T8
T8, T6, T4
Y18, Y21, E31
Y23, E30, Y21, E70, E71

Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle on the veins of the wings
and on the tiny little bee, in between the Bee Awesome sentiment. 
Uniball-Signo Sparkling Gold for parts of the honeycombs.

Distress Oxide:
Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Brushed Corduroy

Light Brown and Gambogue

I painted fragments of the honeycombs with a little bit of Brusho.
I tried to control the Brusho by mixing a tiny bit of Light Brown (not really light by the way)
and some Gamboge on a separate piece of paper. I also didn't want to went the paper very much because it's not intended for water use. Some of the crystals have other colors so I noticed that some
looked more blue, more sienna or more red. Because of the variation in colors
I only used a very little amount with a small watercolor brush.

Don't forget to join us at:
for exclusive stamps, freebies, games, live tutorials
and lots more fun! 


Thank you so much for stopping by,


Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya