Tuesday, April 2, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Flora

Good morning Everyone!

I'm so excited about this Sweet November release! I've been having a ball coloring these sweet images up. When I first saw the drawings that Amy Young drew up, I was amazed and I thought I would color up Sweet November: Fauna Meadowdancer first. BUT wouldn't you know, on my messy crafty desk Miss Sweet November: Flora Sweetbrier kept looking me and calling me to color her up first. LOL Sweet November: Flora Sweetbrier's majestic wings kept telling me to color her up as a Monarch butterfly. Monarch butterflies are very beautiful and travel about 3000 miles from Canada to Mexico every year without loosing their way. Monarch butterflies are an endangered species which is very sad but there are many groups out there including my Mom that raise them and grow special flowers like Milkweed (there are different types for different regions) to keep their species afloat. Monarch butterflies as beautiful as they are, they also contribute to the health of our planet. It is important not to use pesticides or herbicides on our gardens/yards- EVER!

Okay on to my card. Here is:

and
(for the sentiment)

I just love Flora's pose and long long hair.
I knew I wanted to color her up as a Monarch butterfly
but I was debating if I wanted to color her hair black
since her dress would already be black with white spots.
Then a lightbulb popped on top of my head... LOL
So I colored her hair from a medium to dark brown down 
to orange to match her wings. I think it worked out out 
pretty neat but I wish I would have left a little more shine.


In the end I added Nuvo Jewel Drops
to the butterfly bush in random spots,
they kind of look like little butterfly eggs.

I colored the entire image with Copic markers:
B000, B00, YR00 (forgot these color but I think it was BV00 and BV01)
YR12, YR04, YR07, N7
YR12, YR04, YR07, YR27, E27, E29 
N5, N6, N7, C8
V12, V05, V06, V15, BV13
YG17, YG67

There's a 2 day special Sweet November - Bundle Deal
and today is the last day for that Bundle.
There are lots of games going on at
where you can win some of these cute
Sweet November Stamps. Just hop on over to 
7 Kids Customers Create! Facebook group to 
join in on all of the fun.

I hope you enjoyed this card. 
I really had lots of fun creating it. 

Thank you,

Katya Bess

2 comments:

  1. This is just amazing! I really love the details of the nuvo drops. Your colouring is incredible!! The way you have added the highlights to her hair and the detail in the wings is just so perfect.....and the dotty dress.....just all of it :D

    Huge hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Katya! Thank you for this link. I love her and your coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya