Saturday, April 27, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Mermaid Tot sisters


Hello Everyone!

I had so much fun creating this card for 7KidsCrafts.com. If you don't know,  7KidsCrafts.com has a Vendor of the Month every month and it's usually always 20% discount. This  month the Vendor of the Month is Picket Fence Studios and Cardstock. For the Discount on the endor of the Month items make sure to use code: PAPERHOARDING at checkout.

I hope you were able to grab these super sweet Sweet November Vault images because they were only available for one week.
The three vault images were:

Sweet November - Nami 
Sweet November - Nalu 
Sweet November - Hanalei

Today I used Sweet November - Hanalei and Sweet November - Nalu. I tried to follow along with Amy's video and I did follow many of the colors but because I'm using a different brand of paper I noticed there were was a variation of the way the colors showed up on my paper. I either had to add another color or use a different color altogether. I hadn't tried the skin colors Amy used so I wanted to follow along with that I did have to add R35 to the cheeks because mine weren't as bright as hers. I also had a little challenge following along for the underwater cove so I kind of improvised. heehee Amy colors a lot faster than I do. I still love how these two cuties came out. I went ahead and used my own colors for the hair and for the tails, then next thing you know Amy used some of my blue hair colors on the water so I also had to change the water color in the background. It was really fun following some of Amy's techniques because I really admire her work but but I do love to put my own twist on things as well. For the hair and mermaid tails I used some of my Husband's fish as inspiration for the colors, these little 1 inch fish are called Neon Tetras. Imagine Hanalei and Nalu being that tiny and playing hide and seek. heehee Unfortunately these pretty mermaids went back to the vault today but there are more lovely mermaids to come 1st of the month and on the 20th there will be another set of vault images that you'll want to be sure to grab as soon as they come out.       

   You can check out Amy Young's tutorial on  7 Kids Crafts FB video tutorial of Hanalei
                       

   
some of the Copic Colors used:
skin: E31, E55, E57, E04, E35
Eyes:YG03, YG63, YG67
Neon Tetra tail/fins: C1, T2, B04, B12, B01, R17, R14, R22, R30
hair on Hanalei : B01, B12, and a tiny bit of B04
hair on  Nalu: R17, R14, R22, R30
(Gelly Roll Stardust: 725, 719 and 700)

Towards the end of my card making I decided that I didn't want to trim down
the background scene to fit on a A2 sized card so I left it alone and just glued down
on at 6x6 card. I then added little embellishing dies.
Some of the dies are from My Creative Time and the smaller ones are from Craftin Desert Divas.
For the seashells I used a tiny bit of copic and some Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen

Here you can see the Sakura Gelly Roll 
pen details, I used 3 different colors for the effect I wanted.

For the little pearl I first added Sakura Gelly Roll 
Clear Stardust pent and then I used a Nuvo Drops Jewel Drops
for the jewel on her chest cover. I really need to buy some pearlescent 
Nuvo Drops from 7kidscrafts.com so I can give her a pearl next time.


Thank you so much for stopping by.

Katya Bess

                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya