Monday, May 20, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: You are Special

Hello Everyone!

I hope you are having a nice day.

If you haven't check out the Vendor of the Month over at 7KidsCrafts.com is Mama Elephant and Nuvo Drops (Does NOT include new arrivals.) To make sure you get the 20% discount make sure to enter the code: MAMA

Also, I'm happy that Kelly has restocked Kylee's Unicorn because it's such a pretty set to play with and actually one of my very favorites. I have colored another image from the set for Artist Trading Cards I made before you can check it out here: http://kattyxotica.blogspot.com/2019/02/7-kids-crafts-unicorn-atc.html and I even made a video with the ATC share here: https://youtu.be/Qm-uZB1bep4
This Kylee's Unicorn set just makes me think of clean and positive magical beings. When I get a chance to color any either image from the set I always think of using the colors of the rainbow. 

I used Distress Oxides to create the background
and then I smeared and buffed some white pigment ink 
to form the clouds. As the white ink over the clouds dried
I noticed that the opacity started to fade and some of the color
from the oxides showed but I actually like the effect.
To emphasize that the lighter color were clouds I just used a white 
gelly roll to draw the silhouette of clouds.


Here is a close-up of the unicorn using Copic markers 
on Copic paper. The hair was also colored with Copic markers
but I used the ZIG Wink of Stella pens with their matching Copic 
colored hair strands. For the Eyelashes, I went a little safer
and just went over with a black colored pencil.

Copic:
RV0000, Y00, G00, BV000, BG10
V15, B05, YR04, Y08, R17, G09



I fussy cut the unicorn and stamped the image on my background
to keep some of the little details on her crown that stick out
but are too thin for me to cut over. 
I colored those little thin crown details in green.


just click the link. 

Don't forget that this week we have opened
the Sweet November vault over at 
7 Kids Crafts but they are only available 
for just this week.

Thank you so much for visiting! 

Katya Bess

1 comment:

  1. Love this. And and the way you've done the 2 front cards (which look fab by the way) look to me like vellum. When I read on to see how you'd done this, well I was very surprised that it wasn't vellum lol. Anyway, I really love this. TFS xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya