Sunday, May 19, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: You're All Sorts of Wonderful

Hello and Happy Sunday Everyone!


I hope you area all having a wonderful day. First I like to mention that the Vendor of the Month over at 7KidsCrafts.com is Mama Elephant and Nuvo Drops (Does NOT include new arrivals.) To make sure you get the 20% discount make sure to enter the code: MAMA

For my card I used two sets of Mama Elephant sets, one is called Mama Elephant: Big News and the other one is called Mama Elephant: Stackable Cuties.

I first colored the little unicorn with Copic markers on the Catherine Pooler - Premium White Cardstock.  I drew a rainbow and sky for the background with watercolor pencils from Caran D'Ache which are so pretty especially when you add the water on top. I feel that I can control the color a little more with watercolor pencils.  I had drawn some clouds and I did not like how they came out but remembered that I had some small cloud dies from Stamp AnnieThing so I used those
and distressed them a little on the edges.

I'm a little uncomfortable making CAS cards but I think this one came out alright... just the planning took me a little longer than I had hoped for.

Mama Elephant: Big News and Mama Elephant: Stackable Cuties



 I dimmed the lights so you can see
the shimmer on the wings and on the unicorn
and I even added a few little sparkling stars
around the unicorn and sky
Here is how the colors look with the light. 

 I added a little bit of embossing powder to the 
sentiment just to give it a little sparkle.
Here is how I started, lightly colored 
then added water in a controlled fashion 
with a small watercolor brush. 

Copic markers:
RV000, Y00, G00, BG10, BV0000, C3 and C1

Caran D'Ache Supracolor II Soft:
080, 060, 010, 210, 140, 120, 110, 005 and 171


Don't forget today is the last day if
you want to get the Sweet November MERMAY Bundle
of course you can buy them individually and I believe
they are here until Friday 5/24

Thank you for so much for visiting.

Katya Bess




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya