Tuesday, May 28, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Fearless Pursuit

Hello Everyone!

I hope you had a nice weekend! We've had a 3 Day weekend, Memorial Day, in honor of the men and women who have died while serving in the U.S.A Military. My Husband's Grandfather Celsus Yopp enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1951 and continued to served for over fifty years but passed away last year.

I didn't get to do very much crafting as I hoped but I did get work on a little ink blending. I used this pretty cool set called Catherine Pooler - Fearless Pursuit along with some Distress Oxide and some blender brushes, you can find some here: Picket Fence Life Changing Blender Brushes. With some good tools it doesn't have to have to be complicated to create a very colorful card.



I wanted to create a sunset with the colors and I wanted to be a beach scene so I used a marker to block in a section to make it look like a silhouette of an island. Then I used the Palm leaves and used the same marker that I created the island for the palm tree trunks. The Catherine Pooler - Fearless Pursuit comes with the palm tree trunks separated but I wanted to be a different angle so I drew the trunks myself. When I finished I added a few water ripples with a White Gelly roll and it was dry I added a little bit of clear star right above or under the white lines.


Distress Oxide:
Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Fired Brick, 
Broken China, Chipped Sapphire

Versafine Clair:
Nocturne

Sakura Gelly:
White and Clear Star


Thank you very much for visiting.

Katya Bess


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya