Sunday, March 17, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Mermaid Kisses in watercolor

Hello Everyone!

For today's card I decided to work with watercolors. Some of my favorite watercolors to work with are Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus - I love to use these because they come in these small glass bottles with droppers and they are already liquified.





I tried to keep a small color palette to tie everything together. 
Dr. Ph. Matin's Hydrus colors used are:
Phthalo Blue, Hansa Yellow Light, Quinacridone, Phthalo Green and Venetian Brown

Normally I set my water color to the side and work on something else
but this time I had my heat gun ready so I can lay down the next color/s. 
I wanted to created like a mermaid lagoon and a waterfall in the background.



To define their cute faces, I went to trace over the faint stamped lines with a color
that matched or was somewhat darker than the watercolor paint. 

I hope you liked my watercolored card using these cute little mermaids.



Also, don't forget that there are 3 total Sweet November 
"Vault Images" this month but only until 3/22:
and if you join the 
7 KIDS Customers Create! Facebook Page
you can find a 4th Baby Bunny for free!!!



Thank you so much for stopping by,

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya