Tuesday, February 5, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Big Hugs

Hello Crafty Friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. We are trying to keep warm, It's funny I look outside and it looks nice and sunny but it's freezing cold. I know we need the winter but my skin and bones would like a little more warmth from sun. LOL

This Sweet November digital stamp Big Hugs sure warms my heart. The original image has the full bodies but I cropped them this time. I just love how Amy Young draws these super sweet faces that I wanted to focus on their facial expressions. Can you see and feel the love and warmth this image gives? It just makes me smile.

The original image did not have the back arm nor the hand 
holding the flower bouquet I just drew that in there.
The flowers, I carefully fussy cut them to create a bouquet.
The sentiment is from Dilo en Español clear stamp set called:
Dilo en Español - Set #3 Supspirando con Tinta
The sentiment says:
Te adoro con todo mi corazon
which translates to:
I adore you with all of my heart
This image is meant to be a Valentine's Day card 
but when I cropped it I thought about my sons
Xzavier and Tiberius. So to me it's a Mother hugging
her son after he gave her some flowers. I think you can
totally create a different feel of the card just by the way you color
and set up the image. 

 I added some shimmer to all of the butterflies.

Here's a close-up.
To color up my the image I used Copic markers.
sky:
B0000
Her skin:
E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30 
lipstick:
 E04, E83, R21
Dress/Blouse:
BG07, B16, B18
her hair:
C5, W9, W7, W5, E79
his skin:
E50, E51, E53, R30,
eye:
E37, E13, C1, C3
lips:
E04, R20
his hair:
C5, C7, C9
shirt:
Y08, Y26, Y28
stem and leaves:
YG17, YG67, YG99

The super pretty paper is from
Graphic 45, 8x8 pad from the Flutter Collection


Thank you so much for visiting. 
I hope you liked my card. 
I had a lovely time coloring the image that even when I was ready to go sleep I dozed off on my desk for a few minutes, woke up and continued to color her hair. LOL 

For more inspiration check out the super talented Facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7kidscreate/
We have fun games, chances to win digital stamps
and amazing coloring tutorials by Amy Young.

Thank you,

Katya Bess



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya