Saturday, February 23, 2019

We're All A Little Mad Here

Hello Friends, 

Happy Saturday! Today I wanted to share a card that I made with this fabulously drawn image by Annie Rodrigue. You can find her digital stamps here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/moonlightwhispers
I have so much fun when I color up her images because they have these faces and body positions that are animated and full of life. I really love the expression with Alice and Cheshire Cat sitting on her head. When coloring up this scene I was immediately taken back to the Disney movie where she meets him and she asked him where to go and she's like I don't know. Haha  So I drew up some basic tree trucks and some basic directionals signs and set them in a dark location. 

Here's an excerpt of the story: 

“Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: I don't much care where.
The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
Alice: ...So long as I get somewhere.
The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.”

Moonlight Whispers - We're All A Little Mad Here

I only used Copic markers this time to color them up and to create my scene.
I didn't even use a die this time to keep more of the background scene,
but I cropped it just enough for a tiny bit of white border.

Alice:
E0000, E000, E00, E11, R30, BV000, E04
W3, W1, W0, B21, B24
B21, B24
Y21, E53, E34
C5, C7

Dress:
C0, C1, C0, C5
B21, B24, B37

Cat:
R83, V05, V15, V17
Y06, Y26
RV29

Hat:
YG95, YG97, G46
R17, R27, R39
C7

Grass:
YG95, YG97, G46

Sky:
B41, B37, B45

Trees:
E70, E71, E74, E77

I hope you liked my card. I really loved making it and
it'll be on it's way to a friend that loves Alice in Wonderland.

Thank you so much for stopping by. 

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya