Sunday, February 17, 2019

Passionate Paper Creations: Fighter Gwen

Hello again Crafty Friends,

This week as stated on my last post, at Passionate Paper CreationsSome Odd Girl is our sponsor. I love the versatile images found at Some Odd Girl and this one happens to be a digital stamp called Fighter Gwen. I love this one because it focuses on her strong pose and face.
skin:
E50, E21, E53, R21, R30 and Polychromos Caput Mortuum
eyes:
 E29, E25, E97
lips:
R21, E04, Polychromos Caput Mortuum
head scarf:
 R27, R46 and R59
hair:
E79, E29, E25
jumpsuit:
B41, B97, B99

For the background I used 
Distress Ink: Mustard Seed

I chose these colors to look like the iconic 
"We Can Do It!" Poster by J. Howard Miller who created
it to boost worker morale during Word War II. During those
times women were encouraged to take wartime jobs in defense 
industries. 
I also used this quote I've seen many times before:
"Here’s to STRONG WOMEN.
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them." 

To color the hair I colored in long strokes following the hair lines
drawn by the artist, 
for skin and headscarf I blended them as smooth as I could
and for the jumpsuit, to create the jean texture, I made hatch lines.


For more inspiration check out:


Thank you so much for visiting.

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya