Sunday, February 3, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: You are Brave & Beautiful


Hello Everyone, I hope you are having a lovely day.

This month at https://www.7kidscrafts.com/ the Vendor of the Month special are flowers. Everything in the specific flower category is on sale 20% off, just remember to use the code: FLOWERS

For my card I used Witt & Sass Stamp Company - You are Beautiful  clear stamp set. I used watercolors for the background, oil color pencils, watercolor pencils and distress oxide. I had fun creating this mini multimedia project.

When I first saw this stamp set I was immediately reminded of a photograph I had seen of Frida Kahlo.

I tried to emulate some of the colors on the background
as well as the intricate flower headdress she's known to wear
throughout her adult life.

I think next time I work on a card using this stamp set I will definitely use
different colors but I will also use an inspirational quote from Frida Kahlo.

(photograph of Frida Kahlo, not mine)

"I paint flowers so they will not die." 
-Frida Kahlo

Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus Watercolor ink:
Phthalo Green and Hansa Yellow Light 

Polychromos:
Fuchsia, Dark Flesh, Dark Cadmium Orange and White

Caran D'Ache Supracolor II soft Watersoluble pencils
(I love using these... I need to play with them more)
Color: 010

Distress Oxide:
Black Soot


This was a pretty simple card image but I like the results and who I was inspired by.

Thank you so much for visiting. 
For more inspiration check out the super talented Facebook group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/7kidscreate/
We have fun games, chances to win digital stamps
and amazing coloring tutorials by Amy Young.

Thank you,

Katya Bess






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya