Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sympathy Cards

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well and enjoying your day.

My mother wanted my to create several different cards for some relatives that lost their mother (which was my mother's only remaining aunt from her father's side)

Completed front.

 Spellbinders

The Hydrangea is from the Walk In My Garden cricut cartridge. 
Sprits the lavender cardstock with two glimmer mists 
Mel's Diner & Puerto Rico

 The little "pearls" are the inside of flowers were done with
Viva Decor Perlen-Pen #201 (I thought it was "pearl pen" but that one is spell like that on the label)
Still working on more cards for her.
She wants them to be able to be mailed plus they're going out of the country...
So I can't make them bulky or too 3D

I've shown this Spellbinders technique that I learned for a couple of gals on YouTube

 Here is the completed front

This is the inside- left some room for her to write something if she wants.


 This is the Calla Lily
araceae stamp from PSX K-1696
I pop-dotted it just for a little dimension- not too much.
 Full front


Here is another card with the same stamp but here I tried
some "real stitching" I love it- still need practice on sewing straight.

I paper pieced the calla lilies to make them "pop" by contrast of color rather
than using pop dots.

Little too much flash but I finished the card at night and had the
worst lighting ever- so I used the flash.

I didn't want to do anything too fancy to the inside but inked a
little part of the same stamp I used on the front of the card and used it
here as well for to add a little interest.

This is my aunt with one of her horses (one of many farm animals).

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you like them.

Hugs,

Katya Bess




1 comment:

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya