I worked on an image for the 30 Day Coloring challenge. I haven't colored every single day but I have colored more that I usually do which made me quite happy. For this one I did challenge myself to use my Dr PH Martin's Hydrus watercolors. My watercolors have been in the box for a really long time. I opened it months ago but didn't actually use them. Watercolors are more challenging to me because I don't have much control with them, I need better paper and of course I need lots and lots of practice. This time I colored two stamped images using the same colors but two different days with the same pallet- that's one thing I like I can just re-wet the pallet and boom! I reactivate the pigments.
Another thing I did this time is I blindly grabbed one of the rubber stamps I have in a section drawer just for Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps one section is all Clear stamps and one section is all Rubber Stamps. Most of I still haven't colored (sad to say) but I grabbed a random rubber stamp and it just so happens to be Drucilla. This stamp is kind of fun and sort of spooky to me. LOL I stamped it with StazOn (solvent ink pad) called Saddle Brown. This type of ink is perfect for watercoloring and I chose the color because I was trying to do an almost no-line color effect but it was darker than I wanted. I will have to find a lighter color but this time the color worked well with the colors I chose.
I couldn't find a sentiment that I wanted in my stash nor I could find something online
and I didn't want it to be mean in any kind of way... so I created the sentiment myself on the computer. It was pretty simple as long as my program didn't crash on me. This usually
happens when my Mac needs to install new updates. LOL
As soon as I grabbed this stamp I thought about a Crafty Friend on the other
side of the country that loves spooky and twisted books, movies and tv shows.
She also doesn't like Valentine's Day haha she's
Anti-Valentine haha which is funny cause I love Valentine's Day.
Here is a close-up of the image.
Very carefully I added Glossy Accents to the heads of the pins
to give them dimension and shine.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention, I tried to keep a
minimum palette and it was actually the leftover
paints from stamped image (same stamp actually) I colored the day before.
The Dr. PH. Martin's Hydrus Watercolors I used are:
10H Venitian Brown, 2H Gamboge, 6H Pthalo Green,
5H Quinacridone Magenta, and 11H Carbon Black
After a bunch of mixing here and there from a day old watercolors...
this is how it looked without added shading with Prismacolor Pencils
plus the lighting is a little weird.
As you can see I only needed a tiny bit of watercolor paint
because the colors are super intense- very little goes a heck of a long way.
When the image was dry I went over certain sections with
Prismacolor Pencils just to give the coloring some accent and definition,
for example shading around the face, the hair, dress and the voodoo doll.
The hardest part was trying to find paper that sort of matched the colored image.
Good thing I didn't use too many colors this time. heehee
The dies are from Craftin' Desert Divas, CC Design,
The Greeting Farm and My Creative Time.
I hope you like my card
with slight twisted humor.
Thank you for stopping by,