Monday, October 8, 2012

Simply Betty Stamps Secret Release # 3: Sneak Peeks Day 2

Hello again my crafty peeps!

I'm back again with another secret sneak peak from Simply Betty Stamps. 


Make sure you start from the beginning so you won't miss any of the amazing project. If you're coming from Rachel's page  http://rachelspaperwishes.blogspot.com/ then you're in the right place; if not then your starting point should be at: http://simplybettystamps.blogspot.com/ 

Today I'm introducing: Betty Little Dark Homemaker


I'm not sure who the image was inspired by but after giving it quite
some thought I felt she looked a lot like Morticia Addams about to deadhead a rose...
I found a quote and hand wrote it on the card that reads:
"Oh the thorns are lovely this year." - Morticia Addams

This is the finished card.
(yep those are real thorns got them from my green bin and poked my fingers a few times too LOL)

I decided not to use scrapbook papers this time and go with a garden scene 
from Make It Crafty digi stamps it's called Rose Garden. I decided to make the bird into a crow...

Just when I was done writing on the card I seemed to smudge my image on the face
with some black ink argggg.... but I was able to scratch most of it off {sighs}
then go over it with the color I chose for the skin I almost cried LOL nah jk
Here you can see that I tried to apply "eye shadow" with Star Dust gelly rolls and Atyou Spica.
Also the crow I've seen them in the neighborhood and they seem to have black with shiny 
sort of bluish shine to them. Hope you love these images as much as I do. They were in
digi form for a few days and then were retired to only rubber stamps.

Next in line is:
Aeryn Kelly-Reitmeyer http://www.aerynkelly.com

Thanks for visiting!

Katya Bess


Challenged I'm entering:
(I'm #123) Down the garden






14 comments:

  1. O my goodness the glitter :) Love it! What a beautiful card just Amazing coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this card. Your coloring is great, love your glitter eyeshadow and the rose garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card! I love that backgound you added! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous. Love the background rose bushes to go with the digi. I'm in awe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Fantastic Katya... Love the background too!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW another gorgeous creation!! It is just beautiful Katya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous scene and fabulous quote! Absolutely perfect for the image! Love this!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katya, you are awesome with your creativity. I do enjoy seeing your work...thanks for joining us over at Mema's Crafts and I look forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a nice card.
    Love your coloring, especially the glitter details you added.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya