Wednesday, October 15, 2014

TSC DT: Smile Sweetcakes

Hey Everyone!


Just popping in with a card I created. This digi I had actually colored previously but it just needed to be put on a card.

Today I'm using digi stamp "The Artist" http://thestampingchef.com/Shop/downloads/the-artist/

OMG I love this image, to me it's just too cool. Besides that she looks so good I'm inspired to color her because I find the hair challenging and look at those sweet cakes on her! LOL

I bought this image when it first came out and colored her while on vacation... actually I colored 3 and half of these. LOL I was so desperate to win this class that I tried different skin tones and different hair colors. Long story short, I didn't get the free class but I somehow made it to the DT and I'm sure happy about that. LOL.

I was also inspired to make this card because my Mother works as a garden educator at a local school- I was there on Monday and she made me think about strawberries since they're still growing there and it just made me think of this image. LOL Plus it's October- Breast cancer Awareness month so why not use her and her big pink hair. I know a few people that die their hair pink in October. :D



I colored her with Copics
The stamp and dies are from My Creative Time
For some reason it seemed too blah... so I drew a few strawberry plants
with a Sakura pen and colored in it with Gelly Rolls
since the way I colored her was inspired by Strawberry Shortcake.

I added freckles on her face and shoulder (I hope you all can see.)

Make sure you all enter your challenges at
It's always anything goes. 


One more thing....
http://thestampingchef.com/Shop/

Use code TSCfall30 for 30% off your order of $10 and up! :)

Thank you for looking.

Katya Bess



I will be entering my challenge at:

http://www.addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/challenge-117-make-your-mark.html Use markers, pencils, chalks, paints - anything. I used markers and drawing pens.

http://crafting-with-dragonflies.blogspot.com/2014/10/challenge-37-cards-in-pink-breastcancer.html
Cards in pink.

http://miriamscraftingblog.com/1/post/2014/10/miriams-crafting-blogs-17th-monthly-challenge-shades-of-pink.html
Two shades of pink

http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.com/2014/10/think-pink-october-breast-cancer.html
Think Pink

http://whimsyinspires.blogspot.com/2014/10/whimsy-stamps-new-digital-release-and.html
Anything Goes

http://kraftinkimmiestamps.blogspot.ca/2014/10/well-look-at-that-its-wonderful.html
Always Anything Goes

http://justinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/team-b-with-stitchy-bear-art-by-miran.html
Pink

11 comments:

  1. WOW ... fabulous coloring on this fun image Katya! Awesome design too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘THINK PINK’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katya! You totally rock the hair on this image! I've always been to scared to try it, but you have inspired me to give it a go!

    Hugs, Vannessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image & brilliant colouring! !
    Her hair is amazingThanks for palying in the THINK PINK challenge at The Sisterhood Of Crafters this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheeky! Beautifully coloured and so suitable for BCAW! Thanks for entering this at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you coloured that bright pink hair, so appropriate for October!
    Thanks for making your mark at ATSM this wek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even from the small thumbnail picture the coloring on this card popped out at me. Very pretty and very nicely done. Thank you so much for linking up to our "Think Pink" party at the Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the layout of your card and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood's "Think Pink" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cuteness!!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic colouring, and the strawberries are a great addition to balance it all out. Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coloring is fantastic!!! I've already saw your image at TSC. Congrats with your DT spot!
    Thank you for joining our Wonderful Wednesday at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so lovely! Her hair is just gorgeous! Thank you for joining in at Crafting with Dragonflies.
    Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya