Friday, March 6, 2015

Slinky Tart DT: Golden State of Mind

Hey Everyone!

Back with a DT project for Slinky Tart today I'm using We Like It Dirty.

So I've had this image since last year and I even had her printed out and hadn't even colored her up... shame on me. Finally I get to do a project with her and I wanted a sun kissed skin, with golden hair and highlights. I wanted everything to represent The Golden State. I found this stamp set called California Lovin from http://www.sweetstampshop.com/ and Dude, they ship super fast!!! Well besides that they are in California like me... there are many others that won't ship as fast as they did. LOL Just sayin...

So it's not that we like it dirty in that kind of way... but we are in a drought so we need to conserve water... but we're supposed to be good a recycling it too... but either way I love the weather here especially the Bay Area but I actually wouldn't mind a little bit more sun like in the Central Valley and this image went well with the theme if all of us had bodies like her and the weather is nice enough to wear something like that while we washed our cars..... hmmmmm.... LOL.

Anyway, on to the card. Here it is:


Made her into a Clean And Simple card
Used Copic markers to color her up
I used Martha Stewart embossing 
for the gold letters, state and stars

Well I hope you like it. I had loads of fun
coloring her up but I do need to buy some refills. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Katya Bess


Will enter card at:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya