Thursday, November 15, 2018

LMMS: Starbrite bookmark

Hello Crafty Friends,

Today I have a project for the new challenge over at Little Miss Muffet Stamps, I created a bookmark for my littlest one. Daenerys, will be 6 years next week and she's having so much fun learning and reading new words. It may be a while for her to read chapter books but she's extremely advanced and smart that I'm sure she'll be wanting more bookmarks made to read between school books and personal books. For the bookmark I used Polka Dot Pals Starbright. I colored her up with Copic markers and the blue part of the sky closest to her body is with Copic markers as well. The rest of the background was done with Distress Inks. The stars and dots were done with Sakura Stardust Gellyroll and the white stars were done with Uni-ball Sign White Angelic. 


I wanted to make her clothing very girly and colorful.
Luckily I had a twine/tassel with similar colors. I was looking
for my white and gold and saw this colorful twine and thought it would 
perfect for this bookmark.

Here's a close-up so  you can see a few of the spots with Sakura Gellyroll 
Stardust pen- it does look a little weird on the phone but in person
it looks very sparkly and more uniformed. 

I think what took the longest to color 
was the hair and ruffles. It was actually pretty pretty quick and easy to make.
My older daughter's friends are already asking for bookmarks from the last time I made her 
some bookmarks. 

That is all for now. 
Don't forget to visit the blog at
and you may also check out the Pinterest gallery at

Thank you for stopping by,

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya