Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to School Card for Kindergarten teacher

Hello Crafty Friends.

I have created a "back to school" card  with one of Robert Jackson's digi images. This digi name is
"Lil Back to School" You can find her on the Lil Folks gallery: http://fineartsbyrobertjackson.com/lil-folks.html I love this image.

I think the image is super cute for my daughter's Kindergarten teacher card. 
Or even a scrapbook layout for 1st Day of School.
 Somewhat detail of the "wooden desk."
I used Copic markers for the clothes, books, apples and skin. I used Spectrum Noir markers for her hair much cheaper than Copics- they did bleed a tiny bit but I wasn't using special paper... just plain old card-stock which is why I had to change my whole "card plan." (Can't throw my coloring away... I know it's just paper and ink but I'm slow at coloring and I barely do anything crafty so just make something different with the image right?) So I cut it and gave it a slight pop up look by fussy cutting her . I reprinted the image in brown for the desk and used a zebra embossing folder moving it slightly 3 times to give it a "wood" look but the embossing was too deep so I ran in without a folder to flatten it out a bit. I used glossy accents on the hair knockers/balls as well as on the mug to give it that ceramic look (sorry my photography didn't capture that.) The sentiment is from Emma's  My Creative Time, Gift Card Sentiments.

Thank you so much for stopping by my page. I hope you check out more of Robert Jackson's digis. Also, there are Weekly challenges always "Anything Goes." http://jacksonsdigitalexpressions.blogspot.com/

Much Crafty Love,

-Katya Bess

I've entered my card at the following challenges:

http://www.retosabby.com/2012/08/reto-4-escuela.html
Theme: "Escuela" which means "School" in Spanish. - I hope I still qualify for the challenge.

http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.com/2012/08/challenge-115-clean-and-simple.html
There is a sketch provided on the link. "Clean and Simple (plus a sentiment)"
I'm a little CAS challenged so I hope this works too ;)

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2012/08/happy-birthday-linky-party-win-pretty.html
Anything Goes


8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, cute, cute card!! I have this image and had no clue what I was going to do with it!!! Now I have an idea!! Thanks Katya for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the image great colorING FUN BACK TO SCHOOL CARD
    Thank you so much for joining my DL.ART Happy Birthday Linky Party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ROCKED this image! Love how you put it all together

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card design! Love the way you colored this image. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that image!!! Thank you for joining us over at Dilo EN EspaƱol!!!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, Now is that a cute image!!! I absolutlely love it! I just might have to stop over and get it to add to my classroom decor! ADORABLE. Thanks for joining us over at Dilo En Espanol.
    Toodles
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamp, she is such a cute and you can only see her behind!! LOL love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya