Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Super Hero in the Toilet

Good morning Crafty Friends!

How all is well! Please excuse me for my little rambling at first... I'll get to my project in a minute or two...  you may skip if you want after the the "line" I created. Okay up this early during the school year... yeah I don't know why I'm doing this to myself I know I'll be sleepy when it's time to pick up my daughter from school. So yesterday I didn't get to do my little post because I had called in a plumber. Okay one toilet backing up hmmm... okay... but two toilets backing or flushing slow? Oh heck no!!! Before any doodoo or pee "spillage" I had to call a plumber in... asked the hubby for help and for some reason wasn't listening or reacting so before I had major clean up to do so I had to do it. Twice I found my little rascal one and half year old son trowing toys in the toilet (I took toys out and threw them straight to the OUTSIDE garbage). What's up with kids under 2 years putting things in the toilet?  It happened with my daughter, Jade, when she was his age at our old house with a red block and a toothbrush. My son Xzavier around 1, I know much younger he started walking AND climbing at 10 months. So now my son Tiberius is up to no good. I took these toys out the toilet hoping and praying there were no more in there.... but NO... couple of days later the toilets don't function properly... ugh! The plumber finds Avatar the Airbender and calls me... but who comes running after me? Tiberius and Xzavier; they want to know what was pulled out of the toilet! Excited over seeing that toy... before taking chances on the little one grabbing that nasty thing again had to throw that sucker OUT. The other toilet had a larger lego. Sometimes I hate legos and hotwheels I find those things everywhere in my house... not to mention all of those ABC magnets. Sometimes I wonder was I as fascinated with the toilet as a little 2 and under child? Maybe, I do have a toilet or say "outhouse" memories... LOL.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay on to my little project heeehee. 

So school is in... I know not the only time to read books but I just kept hearing the word book or books and reading... not to forget Hunger Games, Twilight, True Blood Sookie Stackhouse Series... LOL so I had to come up with another bookmark and really need to make more. This time a more traditional styled bookmark and with a Robert Jackson image :)

I used the image Uh-Oh once again. I hope you don't get tired of her... at first I didn't know what to create with her but every time I look at my folder with Robert Jackson images I keep thinking of a new project to make with her. You can find Uh-Oh here: http://fineartsbyrobertjackson.com/lil-folks.html I feel that now-a-days you get surprised about a lot of things and this image is perfect for a lot of occasions. LOL Like: OMG He proposed!!! OMG my top college picks chose me!!! OMG by baby/child is going away to college!!! OMG you're pregnant! OMG I'm pregnant! OMG I'm getting old/ getting wrinkles... and the list goes on... my OMG this time is:

I came up with the sentiment and printed it over Kraft cardstock and 
ran it through my Cuttlebug with a Spellbinders rectangle die. I used Broken China
distressed ink around the raised edges of the triangle.
I used the Kraft cardstock to Copic color in my image 
because it gives it a different look and feel... I don't know dark and vintage sort of. 
Sakura white Gelly Roll for the eyes, shirt, petticoat and stockings.
I know I'm horrible at lining things up so I'm trying to 
"perfect" my fuzzy cutting...  and gluing as center as I possibly can....
still working on that too. 
I used an eyelet for the ribbon hole. 
The Ribbon is from Galena and it just says "Metalic" for the name 
but it's more like an iridescent than a metalic. 
The back layer paper is from DCWV's 
The immortal love stack 12x12 paper 
and I also ran than through the Cuttlebug with 
Spellbinders die Deckled Rectangles.


Well that's all for now folks.
Have a great day ;) and thank you for stopping by.

-Katya Bess






6 comments:

  1. Super cute, love your coloring!!! Nice work Ms. Katya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL this is so cute and a perfect sentiment for a bookmark!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanκѕ for your pеrѕonal mаrvеlous posting!
    І definіtelу enjoуed гeading
    іt, you could be а greаt аuthoг.
    I will remember to booκmark your blοg and will eventually соme back
    later on. I ωant to еncourage yοu tо ultimatelу сontinue уour gгeat ρosts, haνe
    a niсe afternoοn!

    Feel fгеe tο vіѕit my webѕite
    - http://en.jameatulquran.Com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so cool! I don't believe I've truly read something like this before. So wonderful to find someone with unique thoughts on this issue. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This site is something that is needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!

    Also visit my web site :: retrobeurs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya