Friday, May 1, 2015

Slinky Tart DT: I'm back

Hey Everyone I'm baaaaaack!

How's everyone doing? I had to take the longest break ever from crafting... I absolutely didn't touch my markers... okay well I did but only to rearrange them.... life was getting a little bit too crazy for me and had to put crafting aside to reorganize my life some. With classes, meetings, trying to stay fit... I've been doing Zumba more and I've also been doing some weight lifting... okay not that much but I can definitely life more weight. Just different things it was just wearing me out. Of course I hated not doing anything creative but it was essential to get a routine going... it is now the end of the school year and some of these meetings are dying down for the time being and my last Parent Academy class was last night the celebration will be next week but no homework or projects due... woohoo lol

This past month had lots of up and downs... Hubby took me to Las Vegas to unwind during the kid's Spring Break... that was fun! Hubby and I both have birthdays in April so we both had nice dinners with the family, got some good news and some bad news... I can't say the good news yet... I think... (no it's not about a DT spot lol) the sad news is that my remaining grandmother died and I didn't get to visit her once more. :( I will always love and cherish her; always. I am so happy that I got to meet such a beautiful soul.


Okay on to my card...

I used Dayna of the Dead (clink on the link)  If you'd love to see more images to purchase, check them out here https://payhip.com/SlinkyTart 


 I used Copic markers to color her of course. 
the doily is from Michaels (Recollections brand)
I typed up that sentiment, cut it and used distress ink for the edges
The hand I bought in a set from ebay years ago
The orange rose was a little gift from shopping at 
(I love her store for physical stamps, dies and embellishments)
the flower under that, my crafty friend Carmen Shannon sent to me in a R.A.K. :D
the die is from My Creative Time.

 Here is a close-up of the face
please excuse the shaddows at the bottom I think I had my big head blocking the lamp light
This was a Spanish poem I found on the internet; 
translated it and added it as a sentiment to my card. 

Well ladies and gentlemen it's time for me to go back to bed. 
As always thanking God for another day and for the gift of creativity.
I hope you all liked my card. 


Hugs,

Katya Bess

Will be entering my card at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya