Thursday, August 30, 2018

LMMS: Ximena Felices Fiestas

Hello there! It's time for another Inspirational Thursday. This time I used 
When I saw this image I thought about celebrations there are in Central America
and in Mexico. Where women wear Folkloric dresses of many colors. Sometimes the
dresses are all white, sometimes white with some colorful access and sometimes bold
and bright colors- which I love personally.
I imagined this dancer in a parade on a cobblestone street so I used an embossing folder
from Cuttlebug/Provo Craft. I also used La La Land Crafts die to make de 
"papel picado" decorating above and behind her. 


I colored Polka Dot Pals Ximena with Polychromos color pencils on Kraft Cardstock and fussy cut around her. Then I used mounting foam to add dimension to the card. 


FaberCastell Polychromos color pencils (+1 Prismacolor) used:
Ivory, Walnut Brown, Burnt Siena, Burnt Ochre, Dark Flesh, Middle Cadnium Red and White.
Black, Cold Grey VI, Walnut Brown and White.
Light Cobalt Turquoise, Cobalt Blue, Middle Phthalo Blue,
Crimson, Mauve, Manganese Violet,
Orange Glaze, Light Cadnium Red,
Prismacolor Jasmine and Polychromos Dark Cadnium Yellow
Colors were used on Kraft Cardstock
to check out the other talented design team members 
as well as other LMMS members creations. 

Thank you for stopping by. 

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya