Saturday, March 26, 2016

Fluffy Bunny - Conejito Pelucita

Hello and happy weekend!

Today I'm showing a card I created for my mother. My mother grew up taking care of many animals  she has always had chickens, parrots, pigs, cows and horses among other critters. When I was a young child I remember having rabbits and turtles too. To this day my mom still has lots of chickens and a bunny. She had a very soft white bunny named Capullo (pronounced Kah-poo-yo)
but it went under the fence and she never found it again... now she has one that my baby named Henrietta. Henrietta is sort of grayish brown color and my kids love being around her especially my youngest daughter Daenerys. 

I created this card using the stamp Melanie - Need a Hug. I felt this was the perfect image to make a card my mom and color Melanie as my daughter and no she doesn't have purple hair but I'm sure she wouldn't mind that. LOL   

I used Copic markers to color her. 
I came up with this purple hair combo which is one of my favorites to use
V04, V06, V09 and V17
For the bunny I used E70, W0, W1, W3, and a very tiny bit amount of W5.
The paper is from Wild Rose Studio and it's called Blackberry Lane
and I printed the poem on top. 

The poem/song is from a Spanish Gatorade commercial called "Conejito Pelucita" which translates to Fluffy Bunny but I'm not sure who wrote the poem.... It's a really cute though!

Here is a close-up of my coloring and paper piecing.

Thank you for looking.

Have a wonderful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya