Monday, April 22, 2019

7 Kids Crafts - Have a Snappy Day!

Hello Everyone!

Happy Earth Day! :D

I had so much fun creating this card for 7KidsCrafts.com. If you don't know,  7KidsCrafts.com has a Vendor of the Month every month and it's usually always 20% discount. This month the Vendor of the Month sale is Picket Fence Studios & Select Carstock. I purchased this Beautiful Girls - Isabella from 7KidsCrafts.com a while back, and I believe it's not available at the moment but there are plenty of pretty stamps from Picket Fence Studios. Remember to use code: PAPERHOARDING for the 20% off discount

For my card I used Sweet November Background Builder, City Park - If you purchased Picket Fence Studios - Beautiful Girl, Kate you would get it free while supplies last but you can also purchase the digital background by itself. I purchased Beautiful Girl, Kate but while waited for my package to arrive I started to color the background. Then when planning my cards I noticed that Beautiful Girls - Isabella fit perfectly in the foreground and I decided to used the Sweet November Background Builder, City Park with Isabella instead. I think it came out alright.

sentiment: Kraftin' Kimmie - Oh Snap! (retired stamp set)

I love how it came out! Isabella is out on a beautiful day
sitting at the park admiring all of the beauty around and taking 
lots of photographs. Down below you will see some of my process.
First I colored the background, then I colored Isabella. 


I was trying to figure out where I wanted to place her and of course
photography is another hobby of mine so I framed her with the 
"Rule of Thirds" in mind. If you don't know what the Rule
of Thirds is, picture a tic-tac-toe or a hashtag, you 
want to set your focal image in of of the points where two lines meet.

I decided to stamp it straight on to the background because
she has wispy hairs flying around from the light refreshing breeze...
and those little whispy hairs are hard to fussy cut around. 
That's my trick on keeping little whispy hairs or other small details. heehee 

When all was glued down, I added a little bit of Ranger Ink - Inksentials, Glossy Accents
to her glasses and camera lens for added interest. But before I added the Glossy Accents
to her glasses I used a white Gelly Roll to give her eyelights. 
For the necklace and bracelets,  I also colored them in with a White Gelly Roll,
waited until dry and then added color with a Copic marker and finished
off with Glossy Accents to make them look like shiny beads or stones.

 I hope you liked my card and got a little inspired to 
work with stamps that have intricate details.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya