Sunday, September 8, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Rowena

Hello Everyone!


I hope you've been having fun with these little Wee images. For today's card I'm showing Witchwee Rowena you can get her in a bundle here: Bundle Rowena, Tabitha, Jack O'Lantern and Half Moon

Here's a little background on Rowena and friends by Amy Young:

Rowena loves to spend crisp autumn nights snuggled up against her black cat familiar, Tabitha. Together they enjoy the glow and warmth of a happy jack o'lantern as they dream beneath a harvest moon.

I wanted to give her green skin because I had The Wizard of Oz on my mind. This could be before The Wicked Witch of the West became so mean. LOL Also, with the green skin I hope I didn't make her look so much like Yoda, because I kept thinking of him too. haha The sentiment is from a retired Kraftin' Kimmie stamp set that I thought went perfectly with her demeanor. I did a combination of marker and pencil. For a the base layer I color her skin, the pumpkin and the sky in Spectrum Noir, the I colored with Polychromos pencils on Kraft Cardstock. For the Skirt I first colored in dark blue and then I used a color shift paint that goes from purple to blue. I wanted to set her in a pumpkin patch... and most pumpkin patches that I've been to have hay all over the ground.






I love that she looks relaxed and unbothered at all. 

Polychromos:
Permanent Green, Deep Cobalt Green, Black, Rose Carmine,
White, Black, Burnt Umber, Burnt Siena, 
Burnt Ochre, Brown Ochre

Thank you so much for visiting. 

Katya Bess

1 comment:

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya