Sunday, March 3, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Everyday is a Sweet Treat

Hello Crafty Friends,

This month at 7KidsCrafts.com the special offer is The Greeting Farm stamp as as well as Mixed Media. To get 20% off both The Greeting Farm and Mixed Media use code TFG

For this card I tried a little masking, which I haven't done in a long time. First I stamped the little cute girl sitting on some macaroons with Memento Desert Sand Ink Pad, the stamp is called: The Greeting Farm - It's Your Birthday then I lightly drew in a pastry stand. After stamping and masking several macaroons and then traced my own drawing with a Memento Dual Marker in Desert Sand. When I was done with all of the stamping I masked everything once again including the pastry stand that I drew. Now that everything has been masked I was able to have a play with a few colors for the background. I had so much fun using the Distress Oxides for the background because although I'm not all that great at blending there are no harsh lines with this medium. Awesome right?! Another reason Distress Oxides are so awesome is that I was able to get a little brush and painted the little hearts and dots with just plain water. Down below you will see some photos so you can see what I'm talking about. :D 

The sentiment is from another The Greeting Farm set called
Anya Treats that I've had for several years. 





After all of the masking, distress coloring,
and water painting the hearts and dots, I was able to color in with Copic markers.

Copic Markers used:
E000, E01, R20, E21, E11
W7, E79, E29
RV23, RV25
Y15
RV04, RV34 / G12, G14 / Y15, Y21 /E23, E37

Distress Oxides used:
Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers

I hope you liked my card
and I hope you give a masking a try too! 

Don't forget to join in on the fun at:

Thank you for stopping by,

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya