Tuesday, March 5, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Marigold

Hello Crafty Friends,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. I want to share this card that was inspired by the scenes Amy Young shows us in her videos live videos. You can find the videos here: 7 Kids Crafts videos. I love watching Amy's videos as well as the other ones from 7 Kids DT members. If I miss the live videos I always try to watch while I catch up on DT projects or DT commenting and I even like to watch when I wash dishes- makes the job not so boring.

I have a limited Copic palette so I substitute with other colors and I even use Distress Inks to blend out my larger areas such as the grass and sky to make them little smoother.  I also chose to use Distress Ink Gathered Twigs to distress the edges to give it a aged photo look and because I felt the background became brighter than the the focal image which is supposed to be Sweet November digital Stamp - Marigold. The sentiment I added is actually a quote from The Lord of the Rings, when Galadriel was talking to Frodo. The quote goes like this: "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. I felt this quote was perfect to add to finish a card with one or several of the members from the Sweet November digital stamps - Brownies family especially because it's an encouraging thing to say.



To maker my card I used both Copic markers and Distress Inks.

Copic markers used:
Skin: E00, E21, E11, R20, R30
hair: Y32, YR27, YR32, E99
skirt: BG45, BG49, BG18
blouse: E40, W00
vest: E17, E19, E27
apron + scarf: Y35, Y38, YR04, YR23
Stones: E70, E71 
Grass: YG05, YG17, (+Distress Ink Mowed Lawn and Gathered Twigs)
grass patches and trees: YG67
mountains: YG17, E70, E71
sky: B01 (+ Distress Ink Salty Ocean and Gathered Twigs)

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Katya Bess








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya