Sunday, July 14, 2019

I am this deep...

Hello Everyone!

I want to share a bookmark I created using a Fathom Calmsea a Sweet November vault image as well as Bobber (the nicest looking angler fish out there.) Since she is deep in the ocean I wanted to create a dark scene and light up or glowing in certain areas with stars and with the bioluminescent anglerfish. I created the sentiment myself that says, "I am this deep..." That is to represent the deep ocean waters but also to represent how deep someone gets in a book but only stop because your eyelids won't give in anymore. haha I used lots and lots of colors that I just play around with my desk has lots of markers all over it at the moment... I was really fun to create this bookmark that I just may make another one soon.


Sweet November Stamps: Fathom Calmsea
Bobber also from Sweet November Stamps




I have this rainbow thread that I like to use for bookmarks and the Bead Landing 
star with pearl charm I purchased from Michael's.
I used Nuvo Dream Drops - Dragon Scales for Bobber and 
Nuvo Dream Drops - Fairy Wings for her peal belt.
You can't really see it on these photographs but I added lots 
of shimmer to the stars with Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.




Here is the back


I was debating if I wanted to laminate this bookmark but
I wanted to show off the Nuvo Dream Drops and I'm not sure
if they would melt in the laminator. So I used 110 paper as a
sandwich between the color image and mermaid tail papers
from Echo park that I got from 7 Kids Crafts the paper is called
Echo Park: Mermaid Dreams. I used a tiny hole puncher
before gluing them together so I can add the little string through it.
I hope you can give this deep in the ocean look a try.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Katya Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya