Thursday, June 6, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Dreamerland Windy Days Together

Hello Crafty Friends!



I hope you're all having a wonderful day. I wanted to work with a combination of watercolors and color pencils. For this card I used a rubber stamp from Dreamerland Crafts called Windy Days Together. I wanted to show you a card with this stamp because Dreamerland Crafts and Washi Tape are both items included in the Vendor of the Month Sale over at 7 Kids Crafts just make sure to enter code: DREAM for 20% off discount.



I started with Winsor & Newton Cotman watercolors (first time using this one) on Canson Mixed Media 138 lbs paper. It's not very a heavy paper so I made sure not to over saturate it with water. After watercoloring and drying the image, I went in on certain areas with Polychromos just to outline certain areas and to give her a plaid look on her dress and hat. For the purple flowers on the bush
I used a Caran D'Ache Supracolor Watercolor pencil. The Dreamerland Crafts stamp did not come with a sentiment but I have another really cute set from The Greeting Farm called Hey Pretty Kitty and I use one from there. When I was all done I used a Picket Fence Studios - Life Changing Brush with Distress Oxide Vintage Photo to well make it look like a vintage photo. To give it a 
finished look I used a rectangle die from Our Daily Bread Designs. 

Winsor & Newton (Cotman) Watercolors:
Ultramarine, Chinese White, Alizarin Crimson Hue,
Viridian Hue, Yellow Ochre and Burn Umber


Thank you so much for stopping by,

Katya Bess






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya