Thursday, June 27, 2019

7 Kids Crafts: Thinking of you

Hello Everyone!


I hope you are having a nice day. This time I wanted to create a card with a storybook feel to it. I'm using this super sweet stamps from Hello Bluebird sold at 7 Kids Crafts. The stamps remind me of Calico Critters that my 6 year old loves to play with and also Peter Cottontail book illustrations. I combined 2 different stamps to achieve this look. One stamp set is called McGregor's Garden set and the other is from the Maverick set. The stitched rectangle die is from My Creative Time and the Scalloped die is from Mama Elephant.

                                                                  McGregor's Garden 
+
Maverick


To achieve this look I first stamped some of the images with Memento Desert Sand and masked them, then stamped one more cloud and masked it as well. After that, I used Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass for the sky. Distress Oxide Shabby Shutters for the grass and a little bit of Tumbled Glass and light touch of Pine Needles. When everything looked to my liking then I carefully peeled off the masking tape for future use and I drew in some simple grass lines with a Polychromos pencil. The paper I used is a multi-media paper so instead of watercolor as I originally planned I used Copic marker for the images. Keep in mind that this paper absorbs more of your ink but I used it only because I wasn't planning on covering big areas and I do have the refills just in case. For the eyes I used a Black Copic-multiliner pen and for the birds legs and bunny's mouth I used a Sepia Copic Multi-liner pen.

Copic markers used:
B24, B21, E11, E0000, YR12
E40, E42, E93, R20, 
W00

Thank you for stopping by.

Katya Bess


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments to let me know you stopped by :)

I love comments, any type of tips or helpful/constructive criticism is always welcome. If there is something you'd like to see more of just ask. I would also love it if you followed my blog. Thank you for stopping by and have a colorful day.
-Katya